Pages

Monday 22 January 2018

Should I Get this Book?

I came across this very interesting book, The Tao of Craft: Fu Talismans and Casting Sigils in the Eastern Esoteric Tradition which has amazing reviews. I thought it would be a great book to add to my jack-of-all-trades repertoire of knowledge.

So, I decided to obtain some insights from the cosmos before I add it to the shopping cart. Here's the horary chart below.

The fixed star Algol is literally smacked on my Ascendant. Losing my head. The cosmos is saying "Hey, are you losing your head? Get your act together!" After some cautious reflection, I totally get the cosmo's point. I'm still in the perennial process of learning and /or mastering basic astrology: horary, relationships, electional, relocational, mundane, financial, I Ching and Feng Shui. Thankfully, I have set Feng Shui aside as there's no way I can learn it over this coming few years, realistically speaking. So the cosmos is right to admonish me.

Being curious, I looked for the an applying aspect between the 9th house and 1st. There's no applying aspect between Venus and Saturn, Moon and Saturn, Saturn will eventually trine the 1st and Algol but there's going to be loads of frustration before then.

Look at me! I'm in the 9th house of knowledge. That's the intention of the question - should I buy the book to learn its knowledge? Hence, the quesited is the 9th instead of the 3rd or 2nd. You could look at the natural ruler of Mercury which is debilitated. This doesn't help much does it.

Venus does make a conjunction to the Sun which rules the 5th. So, I could purchase the book for fun. But the Sun doesn't receive Venus i.e. me at all. I probably won't benefit much from the book, in spite of the pleasure it may bring me.

I'm bothered by Algol sitting directly on the 1st. For this main reason, I won't be adding the book to my shopping cart.


should I buy this book